This year’s theme is “50 Years of Favorites: Parading Through the Past.” The music this year will take a walk back through the past five decades of music, all the way from the 60s until now.
There will be interviews with past contestants and a house band playing oldies music.
Ivey Lawrence is this year’s POF director.
The 10 contestants represent various student organizations at Lee. The ladies and their escorts undergo extensive preparation for the event during the semester.
- Jessica Harper, a junior communications major, will be representing Alpha Gamma Chi as a little sister. She is from Cleveland, Tenn., and plans to work in the public sector, to “serve people in a meaningful way.” Michael Tapp, a member of Alpha Gamma Chi and big brother of Sigma Nu Sigma, is Harper’s escort.
- Cilla Tran from Fair Hope, Ala., is this year’s representative for Delta Zeta Tau. She is a senior K-6 education major. Her escort, Grayson McConnell, is a big brother of Delta Zeta Tau and member of Upsilon Xi.
- Courtney Breaden is a junior English education major from Marietta, Ga., and is participating on behalf of Epsilon Lambda Phi. She hopes to become a high school English teacher and eventually a guidance counselor. Clay Thompson, a big brother of Epsilon Lambda Phi and member of Alpha Gamma Chi, is Breaden’s escort.
- Kelsi Deel, a senior Spanish education major from Atlanta, Ga., is representing Omega Alpha Phi. Deel hopes to become a teacher in inner-city Atlanta in the future. Jordan Farmer, big brother of Omega Alpha Phi and member of Alpha Gamma Chi, is Deel’s escort.
- Brooke Mills, little sister for Pi Kappa Pi, is a senior youth ministry major from Hollister, N.C. Her plans after graduation include becoming a professional singer. Cole Swann of Pi Kappa Pi is her escort.
- Brittany Kirkland is a senior health science major from Tellico Plains, Tenn., and is the representative for Sigma Nu Sigma. She hopes to obtain an MS in Physician Assisting. Scott Douglas, big brother of Sigma Nu Sigma and member of Alpha Gamma Chi, is Kirkland’s escort.
- Alex Waters from Portland, Tenn., is representing the Student Leadership Council. She is a sophomore humanities major and hopes to become a humanities professor. Waters’ escort is Markus Atkins, member of SLC’s Student Involvement Committee.
- Natatlie DiFerdinand, a senior communication studies major, is from Palmyra, N.J., and is participating as a little sister on behalf of Theta Delta Kappa. In the future she plans to attend grad school and work with high school students. Todd Basescu, of Theta Delta Kappa and big brother of Epsilon Lambda Phi, is her escort.
- Erica Bradley is from Tuscaloosa, Ala., and is the little sister representative for Upsilon Xi. She is a senior elementary education major. Her ambitions after graduation include teaching elementary students and starting a ministry for teenage girls. Bradley Yaun of Upsilon Xi is her escort.
- Shae Westbrooks is a senior English literature major from Ooltewah. She is representing Zeta Chi Lambda. Upon graduation, Westbrooks wants to teach young children in Honduras and eventually further her education by receiving a master’s degree in social work. Derek Martin, Zeta Chi Lambda’s beau and member of Theta Delta Kappa, is her escort.
Doors will open at 6:15 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact the Lee University Office of Student Development at 423-614-8406.