Waters said someone apparently broke into the church through a window.
The last time Waters noticed the change was Sunday evening, after church services were completed.
Criminal Investigations Division detectives were notified of the burglary.
Loss was estimated at $1,500.
- Camping equipment was reported stolen from an outbuilding where it was being stored.
Coleman lanterns, stoves, a tent, a grill, rugs, tarps and miscellaneous cooking equipment were reported missing from a building owned by Shannon Nelson.
Deputy Daniel Watson filed the report for Nelson, who said the theft occurred between Monday and Tuesday.
Detective Kevin White of BCSO’s Criminal Investigations Division was notified of the burglary to the outbuilding, according to the report.
Loss was estimated near $700.
Investigation is continuing.
- One fire incident was reported to Bradley County Fire-Rescue officials Thursday, but city fire personnel had a “normal” evening, with no fire calls.
According to BCFR Chief Troy Maney, crews responded to a Hunt Road address where the new residents were reportedly in the process of moving in.
They were using a space heater in the kitchen, which caught fire and caused an estimated $50,000 damage.