Two dead in Charleston shooting: Suspect is still on loose; called armed, dangerous
by GREG KAYLOR, Banner Staff Writer
Apr 20, 2011 | 9878 views | 0 0 comments | 35 35 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Aaron Dean Lawson
view slideshow (2 images)
Two people are dead after a shooting on Leatha Lane in Charleston late Tuesday evening. The suspect is still on the loose and is considered armed and dangerous.

Law enforcement is searching for Aaron Dean Lawson, 32, in the alleged double homicide of Eddie and Debbie Phillips, according to Sheriff Jim Ruth.

Information was received by Bradley County 911 dispatchers from Lawson’s family members regarding the alleged shooting.

Ruth confirmed the identities of the victims this morning, but could not provide their age.

He also said although in the initial stages of investigation, the crime was possibly domestic related.

911 reports indicated Lawson had a child with the Phillips’ daughter.

According to reports, at 8:45 p.m., law enforcement went to the couple’s 184 Leatha Lane address and 911 transmissions indicated two people had been shot and were lying outside near a recreational vehicle.

Bob Gault, media relations coordinator for the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office, noted crime scene investigators processed the scene and were “aggressively looking for Lawson, who is a white male with red hair, brown eyes and is 5-feet 10-inches tall and weighs 210 pounds.”

Lawson fled the scene driving a 1997 maroon or red Ford Explorer which reportedly had a black tailgate.

The vehicle should bear a Tennessee license tag 676 RVH.

A “Be on the Lookout” was issued today indicating Lawson was reported to be wearing a bullet-proof vest and armed with two handguns. Lawson reportedly has a number of family members in Bradley County and the surrounding area as well, according to the BOLO information.

Officials checked several locations in the county and Meigs County as well, according to reports.

Lawson was also involved in an alleged stabbing incident at Bonnie’s Talk of the Town on Feb. 5. Lawson and Travis Millard allegedly got into a fight inside the establishment. CPD reports indicated when Millard and his brother exited the bar to the parking lot to leave, Lawson approached and reportedly stabbed him.

Lawson was released from the Bradley County Jail after posting bond. That case is currently active and was under investigation by Cleveland Police Department Criminal Investigations Division, according to Lt. Robert Harbison.

Anyone having information regarding Lawson should contact the 911 Crime Hotline at 728-7311 and choose Option 7, or call the Bradley County Criminal Investigations Division 728-7272, or 911.