Members of the Bradley County Commission not only serve on that governing body, but also on the County Commission’s various internal standing committees.
The current members of those committees will serve from Oct. 1, 2019, to Sept. 30, 2020.
Following the unexpected death of Commission Vice Chairman Jeff Yarber last month, the governing body has a vacancy, with the new Seat 5B commissioner not yet named. However, seats on the Building and Land, Insurance, IT and Law Enforcement committees will be filled by the as-yet-unnamed person who is appointed.
New committee assignments announced this week are:
• Building & Land: Chairperson Charlotte Peak and members Bobby Goins, Howard Thompson, Dennis Epperson and the as-yet-unnamed Seat 5B commissioner.
• Education: Chairperson Thomas Crye and members Milan Blake, Tim Mason, Louie Alford and Bill Winters.
• Emergency Services: Chairperson Mike Hughes and members Thomas Crye, Charlotte Peak, Bill Winters, Howard Thompson, Kevin Raper and Tim Mason.
• Finance: Chairperson Milan Blake and members Louie Alford, Thomas Crye, Erica Davis and Kevin Raper.
• Insurance: Chairperson Tim Mason and members Bobby Goins, Mike Hughes, Charlotte Peak and the as-yet-unnamed Seat 5B commissioner.
• IT: Chairperson Dennis Epperson and members Milan Blake, Erica Davis, Charlotte Peak and the as-yet-unnamed Seat 5B commissioner.
• Juvenile: Chairperson Bill Winters and members Kevin Raper, Bobby Goins, Erica Davis and Mike Hughes.
• Law Enforcement: Chairperson Erica Davis and members Bill Winters, Howard Thompson, Louie Alford and the as-yet-unnamed Seat 5B commissioner.
• Road: Chairperson Kevin Raper and members Louie Alford, Tim Mason, Mike Hughes and Dennis Epperson.
• Tax: Chairperson Howard Thompson and members Milan Blake, Thomas Crye, Dennis Epperson and Bobby Goins.
• Museum Board: Bill Winters is the Bradley County Commission’s representative.
• Archives: Louie Alford is the Bradley County Commission’s representative.
Appointed by Commission Chairman Johnny Mull, all committees are recommended to meet a minimum of quarterly, preferably with the appropriate department head and/or appropriate county employees. The committee can set a day meeting and time for regularly scheduled meetings.
The Bradley County Commission meets on the first four Mondays of the month: the first Monday is a voting session at 7 p.m., the second Monday is a work session at noon, the third Monday is a voting session at noon, and fourth Monday is a work session at 7 p.m.
This meeting schedule is held each month, unless a holiday causes a change. No County Commission meetings are held on the fifth Monday of a month, and no committee meetings are held during the week starting with the fifth Monday.
All meetings are posted on the county’s website at https://bradleycountytn.gov.
Commissioners approved entering the internal standing committee assignments into the meeting's minutes.
Print subscribers have FREE access to clevelandbanner.com by registering HERE
Non-subscribers have limited monthly access to local stories, but have options to subscribe to print, web or electronic editions by clicking HERE
We are sorry but you have reached the maximum number of free local stories for this month. If you have a website account here, please click HERE to log in for continued access.
If you are a print subscriber but do not have an account here, click HERE to create a website account to gain unlimited free access.
Non-subscribers may gain access by subscribing to any of our print or electronic subscriptions HERE