Members of the Cleveland Municipal Planning Commission breezed through approval of seven consent agenda items, then granted a request for abandonment of a parcel of land.The property to be abandoned …
Members of the Cleveland Municipal Planning Commission breezed through approval of seven consent agenda items, then granted a request for abandonment of a parcel of land.
The property to be abandoned is a right-of-way strip just off Lang Street N.E. The request is by Marquis and Alma Dotson, and the Cleveland Housing Authority.
This sliver of property is he continuation of the abandonment of a narrow piece of property abandoned a little more than a month ago.
Perhaps the most interesting item on the consent list is a request by LeConte Development, of Knoxville, for preliminary plat approval of Graystan Square, a 20-plus acre retail/residential development on the north side of Paul Huff Parkway.
Cleveland Director of Development and Engineering Service Jonathan Jobe explained this request provides the city with right of way for improvement of the Paul Huff/Mouse Creek intersection.
The property is zoned Planned Unit Development, and the submitted plat is by Richmond Surveying Company.
The development firm is working closely with the city in planning for a retail plaza just off Paul Huff Parkway, with right-turn-only egress from the retail development.
The residential development will be behind the retail plaza, to the north, with an entrance and departure onto Mouse Creek Road.
Other consent agenda items (all approved):
• A request from Thomas C. Cate, Tim S. Posey, William F. Jenkins, Edward M. and Franklin Stiles, Sea Largo LLC, and Thomas W. Closer for preliminary plat approval of a re-subdivision of The Commons.
This property is located on North Lee Highway and Commons Lane, and is zoned Planned Unit Development. The plat is by Cleveland Surveying.
• A final plat request from Charlotte Peak was approved for Stephens Place Townhomes, lot 4. The property is located on Stephens Road and is zoned R2 Low Density Single and Multi-Family Residential, and the plat is by Brown Surveying Company.
• The planning panel approved a request from property owner Phillip E. McManus for final plat approval lof lots 1-4 of Phase I of Fleeman Place Townhomes.
The property is on Michigan Avenue Road and Foxfire Road N.E., and zoned R2 Low Density Single and Multi-Family Residential. The plat is by Brown Surveying.
• Also approved was a request from Tennessee Christian Preparatory School for final plat approval of Villa Landing on Georgetown Road, and zoned Planned Unit Development. The plat is by Brown Surveying.
• A final plat approval of Birdie Properties Townhomes was granted to Birdie Properties. The property is on Clemmer Street and zoned R2 Low Density Single and Multi-Family Residential. Brown Surveying did the plat.
Planning Commission member Tricia Pennington announced that she is a builder for this development.
• The final approval went to the Becker Company Inc., requesting final plat approval of the Becker Company Property on Old Tasso Road. This property is zoned Light Industrial, and the plat is by Southeast Tennessee Land Surveying Company.
Print subscribers have FREE access to clevelandbanner.com by registering HERE
Non-subscribers have limited monthly access to local stories, but have options to subscribe to print, web or electronic editions by clicking HERE
We are sorry but you have reached the maximum number of free local stories for this month. If you have a website account here, please click HERE to log in for continued access.
If you are a print subscriber but do not have an account here, click HERE to create a website account to gain unlimited free access.
Non-subscribers may gain access by subscribing to any of our print or electronic subscriptions HERE