Whether it’s a bank, a church, a restaurant, a professional service, a clothing shop, a general retailer, an automobile dealer, a grocer ... or even a person, we all have a favorite this or a preferred that.
Our newspaper is giving readers a chance to find out the Cleveland and Bradley County area community’s favorites compliments of Reader’s Choice 2012, a contest that will identify the “Best of Bradley County.” Entry deadline is Friday, May 18, at 5 p.m.
Those who participate will have the chance to vote in more than 170 categories, including “Best Overall Business in Bradley County.”
Here are some important tips, suggestions and reminders that will get you started:
1. Entry deadline is Friday, May 18, at 5 p.m.
2. The single-page ballot will be published in Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday editions through May 17.
3. No photocopies will be accepted; only newspaper forms from the Banner can be counted in the voting.
4. Readers may vote more than one time.
5. Voters should complete as much of the name as possible within each category (i.e. first and last names when voting for people or full business name when identifying a merchant).
6. If voting for a business with multiple locations, indicate which site or store on the ballot.
7. Completed ballots may be hand-delivered to the Cleveland Daily Banner office at 1505 25th St., or mailed to the following address: Cleveland Daily Banner, P.O. Box 3600, Cleveland, TN 37320.
8. The names of each winner in all categories receiving votes will be published in a special edition scheduled for print in June.
By completing an accompanying entry form included on the ballot, voters will have their names automatically entered in a drawing for a dining gift card. Voters are reminded not to clip the entry form out of the full-page ballot. They should be left intact and submitted together.
General categories in the voting include People, Automotive, Services, Shopping and Restaurants. Within each category will be multiple options in which to cast votes.
For example, in the People category, voters may cast preferences in a slew of areas like politicians, community leaders, volunteers, school teachers, principals, dentists, attorneys, physicians, nurses, employers, veterinarians, pastors, real estate professionals, bankers, tellers, photographers, electricians, plumbers, car salesmen, home builders, accountants, weather forecasters, TV anchors, radio personalities ... even newspaper columnists!
Readers might ponder, “Why vote in this contest? It’s got 170 categories. That sounds like a little work!”
Actually, it’s no work at all. It’s fun. Besides, voters may cast ballots in as many, or as few, categories as they’d like. As somebody once said, “the sky’s the limit.” You can vote in one category or you can vote in 170-plus. It’s your decision.
Do you have a favorite doctor in town? Find that category and cast a ballot for him or her.
Do you have just the right eatery that is a preferred hangout for you, your friends and family? Find the category and cast your vote.
Do you have an area bank that you believe offers the finest financial services and customer service from some of our hometown’s friendliest tellers? Find the appropriate category and give them all a chance to shine.
Why participate in Reader’s Choice 2012?
First, it’s fun. Second, it’s fantastic advertising (word of mouth) for your favorite. Third, it offers even further evidence why Cleveland is truly “The City With Spirit.”
We hope you’ll choose to participate.
We’re looking forward to the results!