Suspect who took debit card sought
by By GREG KAYLOR Banner Staff Writer
Oct 17, 2012 | 1629 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
 Suspect sought after taking debit card at local restaurant.
Suspect sought after taking debit card at local restaurant.
Cleveland Police need help identifying a man and woman who took an envelope containing a debit card and cash after it was inadvertently left on the counter of a local restaurant.

According to Cleveland Police Department detective Walter Mitchell, the video security system at Taco Bell located on APD 40 captured video of the male suspect taking the envelope from the counter and placing it in his pocket.

Officer Matt Brinkman filed the initial offense report.

Brinkman’s report indicated the suspect then went to the restroom. He then exited the restroom and left the store.

Burlon Hayworth had put down the envelope in the process of paying for a food order.

According to the report, the debit card was cancelled after the discovery of the theft.

Anyone who can provide information or can identify the suspects is asked to contact CPD’s Criminal Investigations Division at 476-1125.

n Bradley County Fire-Rescue officials are in charge of a fire investigation after a blaze heavily damaged a home during the weekend.

Donnie Sullivan, fire and arson investigator for BCFR, said firefighters responded to 410 Farmway Drive.

A neighbor had reportedly seen flames at the home and attempted to alert the homeowner, who was in bed asleep.

Sullivan said the home did have working smoke alarms, but the occupant was not awakened by the alarms.

Sullivan said the neighbor was able to get the owner of the home out of bed and to safety.

Fire had climbed into the attic of the home as firefighters arrived on the scene. The fire had started on the rear deck of the home.

According to Sullivan, the homeowner had been using charcoal to grill with and had left the charcoal to burn out. Strong winds were believed to have fueled the hot coals, igniting the home.

Sullivan did not provide an estimate but did say the home was “heavily damaged.”