Plenty have, but there’s still time for those who haven’t marked their ballots in Reader’s Choice 2013, the Cleveland Daily Banner’s annual salute to Bradley County favorites.
Deadline for this year’s “Best of Bradley County” balloting is this Monday, May 20, at 5 p.m. so first-time, and repeat, voters still have today, all weekend and through Monday to get their completed voting forms back to the Banner offices.
The full-page ballot has been published regularly in the Banner for the past three weeks, but the clock is ticking as the just-for-fun contest enters its final four days.
By clipping one of the full-page ballots from the newspaper, area residents can write in the names of their favorites in these classifications: Automotive, People, Restaurants, Services and Shopping. Each class has a collection of its own categories. Voters may also cast a ballot for “Best Overall Business” in Bradley County.
Winners will be announced in a special section of the Banner to be published in June.
It’s not just about the voting. Entries will be entered in a drawing for a $150 gift card to the Bald-Headed Bistro as the Banner’s way of saying “thanks” for participating in Reader’s Choice 2013. But, don’t separate the entry coupon from the full-page ballot. Keep the two together.
Included in the five classifications are about 164 categories.
For example, in Automotive, balloters can write in votes in auto body repair, automotive repair, tires, oil change, auto batteries, new car sales, used car sales and many, many others. In People, just a few categories are best politician, community leader, principal, elementary school teacher, middle or high school teacher, banker, nurse, Realtor, caterer, teller and a plethora of other categories.
A vast array of options are also found in the Services, Restaurants and Shopping classifications.
Guidelines for Reader’s Choice 2013 voting include:
1. Voters may cast as many ballots as they desire; however, only official ballots from the Banner will be accepted. No photocopies.
2. Ballot deadline is Monday, May 20, at 5 p.m.
3. Ballots will be available through Monday, May 20.
4. Completed ballots may be delivered to the Cleveland Daily Banner offices in person at 1505 25th St. N.W. or they may be sent by postal mail to Cleveland Daily Banner, P.O. Box 3600, Cleveland, TN 37320.
5. Voters are asked to fill out as many of the categories as possible.
6. Voters are reminded to use complete names for people, if possible.
7. Voters are reminded to designate which site, by address or location, if the business has more than one operation in the community.
8. Voters are reminded to cast a ballot for “Best Overall Business in Bradley County” which can be found at the lower bottom corner of the full-page ballot.
9. And remember: Voters must enter their names and addresses in the coupon that can be found at the ballot’s bottom right corner in order to be entered in the drawing for the Bald-Headed Bistro gift card.
As readers discovered last year, these Reader’s Choice awards are a lighthearted opportunity to shed the spotlight on the “Best of Bradley County.” Obviously, it’s not a scientific survey. But it’s fun.
Its intent is to highlight community favorites and to give them some bragging rights; at least, until Reader’s Choice 2014!