Each year, an award is given to one associate from each of Life Care’s divisions. Executives present each winner with a $1,000 cash prize and share the stories behind their acts of exceptional caring. Winners are honored during a session of Life Care’s Annual Management Meeting at the company’s headquarters in Cleveland.
“Customer service is Life Care’s reason for being,” Beecher Hunter, Life Care president, said. “Our company is blessed with associates who view their work as a life’s calling, and they are extraordinary practitioners of a heartfelt commitment to always act in the best interest of our residents. The seven individuals we are honoring this year with our Whatever It Takes And Then Some awards represent thousands of others like them. I am always inspired and humbled to be in their presence and see and sense their devotion to serving people.”
The 2013 recipients for acts of service in 2012 were:
- Sherman Lindsey, a cook at Life Care Center of Florissant, Mo., for the Central Division;
- Arlane Howell, assistant director of nursing at Life Care Center of Tullahoma, for the Eastern Division;
- Rae Ann Barkley, a certified nursing assistant at Life Care Center of Casper, Wyo., for the Mountain States Division;
- Jaclyn Helzerman, social services director at Rivergate Terrace in Riverview, Mich., for the Northeast Division;
- Elany Kisner, a certified nursing assistant at Life Care Center of Sandpoint, Idaho, for the Northwest Division;
- Cynthia Garcia, assistant dietary manager at Alameda Oaks Nursing Center in Corpus Christi, Texas, for the Southeast Division; and
- Michael Lingos, a physical therapist at Life Care Center of Menifee, Calif., for the Southwest Division.
Life Care Centers of America’s Whatever It Takes And Then Some customer service campaign rewards associates for their extraordinary acts of kindness.
Monthly awards are presented in Life Care facilities nationwide based on nominations from fellow associates, family members, residents and guests. Each facility then chooses an annual winner, from which the divisional winners are selected.
Founded in 1976, Life Care is a nationwide health care company that operates or manages more than 220 skilled nursing, post-acute and Alzheimer’s centers in 28 states.