The Lady Flames and Flames will be on the courts again March 29 in Pensacola, Fla., against the University of West Florida.
The Lady Hawks (10-5, 4-1 GSC) swept the doubles matches, winning both No. 1 and No. 2 doubles by 8-1 scores. Kelsey Lovingood and Annie Sandberg were defeated 8-4 by Sicquena Sinclair and Ornella Frere at the No. 3 spot.
Shorter won 5-of-6 singles matches in straight sets. Jodie Rice won her first set against Daniela Chipe, 6-4. Chipe forced a third-set super tie-breaker with a 6-2 mark in the second set and earned the team point with a 10-3 margin in the super tie-breaker.
The Hawks (2-11, 1-3 GSC) carried a 3-0 lead following the doubles competition. Richard Gamble and Daniel Hardesty were beaten 8-5 by Alexis Catillon and Louis Tourtois. Alberto Calle and Westley Lemke lost 8-4 to Arturo Lifshitz and Marc Guerry. At No 3 doubles, Kevin Tan and Vincent Audy fell to Nikola Pavlovic and Roberts Watson, 8-3.
Lee won one of the six singles matches. Audy won his first set 7-5 and led Pavlovic 3-0 in the second set when Pavlovic retired.
Gamble edged Tourtois 7-5 in their first set. Tourtois fought back to win the second set 7-6, following a 7-3 tie-breaker. In a super-set tie-breaker, Tortois outlasted Gamble 10-6 to win the match.
Shorter University 9, Lady Flames 0
1. Candice Laurent (SU) def. Tonya McGraner (LU) 6-3, 6-2
2. Samya El Hsissen (SU) def. Maclain Yowarsky (LU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Ornella Frere (SU) def. Annie Sandberg (LU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Daniela Chipe (SU) def. Jodie Rice (LU) 4-6, 6-2, 10-3
5. Aurore Beltrando (SU) def. Krista Good (LU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Sicquena Sinclair (SU) def. Morgan Friedlander (LU) 6-0, 6-0
1. Candice Laurent/Aurelie Gaborit (SU) def. Tonya McGraner/Maclain Yowarsky (LU) 8-1
2. Aurore Beltrando/Samya El Hsissen (SU) def. Jodie Rice/Krista Good (LU) 8-1
3. Sicquena Sinclair/Ornella Frere (SU) def. Kelsey Lovingood/Annie Sandberg (LU) 8-4
Shorter University 8, Flames 1
1. Marc Guerry (SU) def. Alberto Calle (LU) 6-1, 3-0, retired
2. Louis Tourtois (SU) def. Richard Gamble (LU) 5-7, 7-6 (7-3), 10-6
3. Alexis Catillon (SU) def. Daniel Hardesty (LU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Arturo Lifshitz (SU) def. Kevin Tan (LU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Vincent Audy (LU) def. Nikola Pavlovic (SU) 7-5, 3-0, retired
6. Robert Watson (SU) def. Westley Lemke (LU) 6-2, 7-6 (7-3)
1. Alexis Catillon/Louis Tourtois (SU) def. Richard Gamble/Daniel Hardesty (LU) 8-5
2. Arturo Lifshitz/Marc Guerry (SU) def. Alberto Calle/Westley Lemke (LU) 8-4
3. Nikola Pavlovic/Robert Watson (SU) def. Kevin Tan/Vincent Audy (LU) 8-3