Your need will determine the type of grant for which you should apply.
You have two choices. Both originate from the 2005 sale of Bradley Memorial Hospital. Yet, they are separate programs. One is operated through United Way, the other through Bradley County government. They include:
1. Bradley Memorial Health Endowment Fund, which over the past two years has awarded $800,000 in grants for community programs and is administered by United Way
2. County Commission Healthy Community Initiative, whose grants go toward capital projects and which is administered through Bradley County government.
Each program has its own contact; however, applicants for either may attend the workshops. Applicants won’t be required to attend both, just the one that best fits their schedule.
Both workshops are being held at the Cleveland/Bradley Chamber of Commerce, located inside the Village Green. The first workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 17, at 3:30 p.m.; the second one comes two weeks later, Tuesday, Aug. 31, at 9 a.m. Each should last about an hour.
Organizations seeking one of these grants must attend one of the workshops. The same material will be covered in each. The application process will be reviewed in detail and participants will be given ample time for questions.
Matt Ryerson, United Way vice president of Community Investment Strategies, reports the joint workshops are being offered for specific reasons — to enhance the public’s understanding of both types of grants and to better assist applicants in determining which is the best fit for an organization’s needs.
Even the timetables are the same so as to prevent applicant confusion. Grant application deadline is Thursday, Sept. 30 at 4 p.m.
Programs eligible for grant funding are:
1. Healthcare: Programs or projects that serve unmet healthcare needs in Bradley County regardless of ability to pay.
2. Wellness: Programs or projects that educate the Bradley County community about the physical and mental aspects of maintaining and improving personal health.
3. Quality of Life: Programs or services that enhance or improve the physical or mental health of Bradley County residents.
Questions about the Bradley Memorial Health Endowment Fund may be directed to Matt Ryerson at United Way 472-9876 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the County Commission Healthy Community Initiative Fund may be directed to Amy Moore at 728-7105 or by email at email@example.com.
Make plans to attend one of the workshops. It can be a great investment in your organization’s future.