Ben Atchley of the Cleveland Fire Department said 16 firefighters responded just after 8:30 p.m. to the scene on Hardwick Street.
Flames had burned through a floor, up through the walls and into the roof of the structure, according to Atchley.
The cause and origin of the fire were determined to be accidental. It began under the floor.
According to Atchley, the tenants, Joey Wells and Jimmy Clark, had reportedly been utilizing a gas-powered generator to power electrical equipment. Gasoline had been stored underneath the structure and somehow ignited, causing the blaze.
Atchley indicated the building had no utility power meter.
Cleveland Fire Department firefighters arrived within minutes of the initial call to 911, gaining control of the fire quickly.
“There is no suspicion of arson and the statements of the individuals are consistent with the pattern of the fire,” Atchley said.
Damage was extensive and the structure is believed to be a total loss.